Friday, February 11, 2011

Disney World- Day 1!

Well, I am finally blogging Disney World! I've given up on trying to completely catch up, so I thought I would start here! We were suppose to fly out early on the Dec 12th, fly to Chicago, and then to Orlando. We got a call early Saturday afternoon saying our flight was cancelled. We expected this because of the weather. Grant was on the phone with the airline and finally got us new flights. We didn't leave Little Rock until much later than planned, but we were so thankful that we found out about the flight the day before instead of being stuck at the airport! After multiple stops, we arrived in Orlando around 9:00 their time. After the "Magic" transportation, setting up the room, and waiting on bags, the girls were asleep around midnight, Grant shortly after, Mom next, then me about 2:00am! Needless to say, we didn't make it to our 8:00 breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace. We got a late start, but we were so excited!

We were very pleased with our hotel- The Contemporary Resort! The monorail went right through the hotel, so it was easy for us to go to The Magic Kingdom, and Epcot! Our room was in another building, but it was still very convenient! Here Addison and Grant were anxiously awaiting the Monorail. We were headed to the Magic Kingdom! It was absolutely freezing there. Mom and Ansley stayed in the room. It worked out great! Ansley ended up eating a lot though the night, so she slept most of the day. I was able to leave enough milk to get her through most of the day. She was also on baby food, so that helped, too!

"LOOK! It's Cinderella's Castle!"

We waited few minutes to watch a show, but the show was cancelled. Instead the characters came out to see us. We lucked out and were standing right where the line began!

We got a fast past for Buzz Light Year ride and went and got lunch. We then rode the ride which was awesome! Grant went and got fast passes for space mountain while Add and I waited in line to see Chip and Dale. They were a lot of fun! I left out the picture, but a talking trash can arrived. It laughed and joked with Grant. After finding out we were from Arkansas, it started saying "WoooooPiggggSooooie!"

We then rode the tea cups, back to Space Mountain, then headed to Mickey and Minnie's houses. We then went to the judge's tent to meet Mickie and Minnie...again!

Grant and Addison went to ride the Speedway while I went to get fast passes for Winnie the Pooh. I saw Tigger and Pooh so after I got the passes, which were away from the ride in a weird spot, so I got in line to wait for Grant and Add. She loved meeting the characters and getting their autographs!

We then rode Dumbo, went and got Hot chocolate and went to ride the Pooh ride. It was closed! UGH! By this time, it was getting late so I went back to the room to feed Ansley. Grant and Addison rode the Haunted Mansion, which scared my poor baby, then headed back to the hotel. We quickly changed Addison into her dress, and rushed to dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table.
Addison was so excited to meet Cinderella! It was so cold that night! We had to layer clothes! Poor Ansley looks rough! It was cold and I had a hat on her. It didn't really help her crazy hair! Oh well, in about 4 years we will take her back and she can get all dolled up for the castle dinner!
Addison drilled the princesses! She asked about the glass slipper, Prince Charming, etc! It was cute!

Then at dinner, Addison was "soooo excited" to see the other princesses!
Snow White!
Sleeping Beauty!
A kiss from the Mermaid!
Belle! Addison was a little disappointed that Belle had on her town dress and not her pretty dress! Ansley loved the princesses, too!

We had a window seat and got to watch the fireworks!
Addison's dessert...a decorate your own cupcake!
We had fun, but it was an exhausting first day!


Katie said...

LOVE reading all about your trip!! Can't wait to see pics of the other days!