Friday, June 11, 2010

China

Today over on Kelly's Korner, she is doing Show Us Your Life- China Patterns. Since my china is special, I thought I would participate! When Grant and I got married, 10 years ago, I didn't get China because I knew I would be getting my Granny Sue's China. This china is exactly what I would've wanted if I had picked out new! But this china is even more special because it is hand painted by a family member, Aunt Faye.
My china is now displayed in a china hutch in my dining room. This, too, is special because it was also Granny Sue's!


I was able to find crystal stemware that matched perfectly!

It is funny how the plates, bowls, and cups are much smaller than the ones you see today! They had their portions under better control!


I also have an inexpensive Christmas china set that I bought at Target. I love the snowflake design and it mixes perfectly with my other serving pieces and glasses!
What is your china pattern?



0 comments: